Sunday, October 1, 2017

Gettin Reel

Recently had my reel refilled at Bob's and it's been giving me a hell of a time. Always snaggling where the line has to be pulled out and cut, resulting in tying on a new set-up. Yesterday Stubbs and I hit the river to do a little fishing.  On one of the first casts that line tangled up and I was unable to unravel the sucker. Gave up and decided to get the reel refilled once again.

Returned to Lexington to the hardware store to try them out. The young guy doing it was having a hell of a time getting it going. Worry set in and it came to fruition when he turned around and showed me my mangled, crushed reel. Guess he got a little carried away.

Thankfully he stepped up and said they would replace the reel. He then grabbed a very nice $70 model from the case and began filling it. Now, I wasn't going to argue because they were giving me awesome customer service. However, my pole and reel combo only cost me $22. But hey, they wrecked it so an upgrade worked for me!
Got my reel, thanked them and was back up to the river to fish.

First cast out was awesome but ended up having problems reeling it in. Not due to the reel but due to the set up and drag. Ugh! It was like a comedy of errors trying to fix it. Finally took it as a sign that fishing was not meant to be so packed it in and returned home. Will have Steve set it up properly for me so I will be back in business.




No comments:

Post a Comment