Saturday, September 30, 2017

Carpet and Cleaning

Friday morning rose bright and early at 5am as the carpet cleaners were due to arrive by 7. Spent Thursday evening picking up and vacuuming the areas they were going to clean per the company directions. Fun times.

They arrived, we toured the house, then I paid and boogied out the door. I didn't want to hang out while someone performed maintenance on my house so grabbed Stubbs and we went fishing for a few hours. Oh my pup was such a good dog, especially since it was raining. No fish were caught but it was an enjoyable time.

Afterwards, ran errands, including picking up the snackage needed for my Newark party on Sunday.  Yes, agreed to have a living infomercial in my home which we are referring to as a "party."  Came home to a deodorized house with clean carpet. Proceeded to return furnishings and rugs to their proper or new areas and all looks great.

Being up so early did not afford me shower or makeup but it also didn't prevent me from hitting Ross with Sam after he got off work. Made it out of there without running into a former co-worker or school classmate, a miracle in itself.

Spent my evening relaxing and making more earrings. Also relied on Google to answer my entertainment questions as I watched a few movies. What other movies has David Fincher directed? Who is that gal who plays Vera in Alice Doesn't Live Here Anymore?  How many movies did Cary Grant and Mryna Loy make together?  Yes, those kinds of pressing inquiries that must be answered as I was surfing the couch.

This morning I again rose early. Cleaned the kitchen, the bathroom, then whipped up a berry pie for Sunday. Hopefully no one will notice the tiny slice I removed to test it. Traded out the bathing beauty windcatcher in the back yard for the fisherman one, which seems to be apropos with my current hobby.

It's now after noon and time to take a shower, although I'm midway through The Social Network. Just may finish that up before I become presentable.

No comments:

Post a Comment