Saturday, September 9, 2017

Here Fishy Fishy

Broke out my new fishing pole tonight on the Cowlitz River.  Arlene was kind enough to let me use her river access spot so Steve and I cruised to Castle Rock so my pole could be tested.  Unfortunately, it began raining but that wasn't going to stop me.

Steve set the pole up for me with my new spinner and I casted it out.  No bites at the first stop so went to a different section.  At this point it was pouring; however, I was too warm wearing my jacket so removed it and braved the wet weather in my t-shirt.

No luck at the second spot so returned to the first.  After a few more casts bam! Got a bite!  Set the hook and reeled in the fish.  Steve stepped over to grab the fish and threw it on the bank.  It was a harvest trout about 14 inches. Nice catch!

Steve cleaned the fish while I continued casting. Alas, no more bites and I was drenched so reeled in and called it a night after about 1.5 hours.

Returned to the car and Arlene had left me a nice bag of tomatoes and squash.

Was a great time and I plan on returning soon to see how my luck plays out - hopefully a salmon will be in my future!!  🐟




No comments:

Post a Comment