Monday, September 11, 2017

Becoming a Pioneer Woman

Stopped by Walmart this afternoon to enhance my fishing supplies, which were non-existant.  Picked up a box, knife, scissors, rope, some more spinners, and a small net.

Placed all my gear into my little tool box and made my way to Arlenes and the Cowlitz River.  Settled myself in along the bank and began casting.  Gorgeous weather today made it a much more enjoyable experience than Saturday's downpour.

After fishing awhile changed up the spinner to one of my new ones. Not too long after a trout bit the spinner and I set the hook.  He was a real fighter but I was able to get him to the bank.

Dealt with my catch (as in beating its head with a rock) then fished some more. Arlene came down to say hi and brought me some containers so I could pick blackberries.  The blackberry bushes were heaving with large, plump goodness and I took a break from fishing to pick a quart.


Returned to fishing which abruptly ended when my spinner snagged and I ended up losing the whole set up. Took that as a sign my evening of fishing was over.

Made my way to the car where I found a bag full of tomatoes and jalapeños fresh from the garden courtesy of Arlene. Tomorrow I will be making salsa or pico de gallo.

May just rise early tomorrow morning to fish at daybreak. Yes, it's my new obsession but in a way felt like I was channeling Dad as I caught that fish in his own private part of the Cowlitz.



No comments:

Post a Comment