Tuesday, November 21, 2017

From Hepburn to Pasta

Been watching a lot of Katherine Hepburn movies, including a set that includes Spencer Tracy. She was quite the interesting character. Looked up her biography - she came from a very liberal background with educated parents and a mother who was an early feminist. In her youth she kept her hair short and asked to be called Jimmy.  So enlightening to be able to easily find background data on everything as I'm watching these classic movies.

Along with rocks, I've been playing around with driftwood painting.  Wandering Willow Grove, some of the driftwood just screams out to me what it needs to become.  Found this piece that looked like a stack of books so that's what it has become.

Made a nice pasta salad today. Pasta salads are one of the easiest dishes to create and you can use just about anything in them.  Today I made a bacon ranch shell salad. Didn't have ranch dressing on hand so found an Ina Garten recipe on line for it as shown below. Threw in peas, cheese, celery, and olives along with crispy bacon. My little Stubbs stayed underfoot hoping to snag a wayward piece of pork.

Tomorrow I begin preparing for Thanksgiving by whipping up an apple pie. I'm going to try and get as much done the day before so it will make the day easy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment