Thursday, November 30, 2017

Little Things Can Go A Long Way

There are times unexpected occurences happen that can give you a boost when you most need it.

Being a woman who has worked for going on almost 40 years, its been a challenge to maintain my sense of self-worth and confidence during my unemployment.  It's made me understand that a career is not my whole life and does not fully make me up. However, it can be rough to apply for jobs and only receive rejection, which can chisel away at a person's sense of self-worth.  This week acing the job test and being scheduled for an interview has given me a little boost. Yeah, I still got it!

In addition, over the past couple of weeks I've received several compliments from strangers on my hair - the color and the style. Today a lady said she loved my "look" - my outfit, my makeup, and my hair. Such a nice compliment and it put a little kick in my step! 

Here's to keeping my head on straight and maintaining a positive outlook on life!  And especially being grateful for those unexpected events in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment