Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday at the Grove

This morning I awoke, had my coffee, then took a nice long shower. Did my hair curly today - it has lots of wave on its own but needs a nudge with the curling iron to give it some definition.  Threw on my overalls and I was ready for the day!

Bundled up Stubbs and we headed over to the Mickey Mouse bridge on the Toutle River to shore up my rock supplies. Was sprinkling some but it didn't take long to fill a bag.

On to Willow Grove, one of our favorite spots. Pup and I wandered the shore in search of driftwood for me and new places to pee for him.  Found an exceptional piece of wood that will make an outstanding planter once I'm through with it.


My hair? That river wind gusted and tormented my curls! It was quite the site when we were back in the car!  That oomph turned into matted crow's nest!!  In addition, got something in my right eye so it began weeping and turning red.  Rubbed it until was left with one eye all glam and the other absent of makeup and bloodshot. Arrived home and promptly shoved a clip in to get hair out of my face and properly washed my eyes!

Rinsed the rocks and while they are drying cooked up a batch of breadcrumb topped homemade mac and cheese, which is now in the oven.  Methinks it's time for an old movie and perhaps a nap. Hey, that's what Sundays are for after all!! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment