Monday, November 13, 2017

Memories of a Daughter

Back in the day, I used to have a daughter - an actual girl on my side to balance out all the boys in the house. She was actually a stepdaughter, Chelsea, and I had a great time doing all sorts of girly things with her. Shopping, chatting, makeup, and I even sewed her a formal dance dress.

Time goes by, divorce happens, and kids grow up. We are now mainly Facebook friends so I was happily surprised when she showed up on my doorstep last night.

She was in town visiting her brother and decided to stop by.  Wonderful surprise and we spent two hours catching up. The girl is almost 30 believe it or not! No longer the teenager who insisted on a wardrobe of black for her school clothes.  No longer the girl who pierced her own belly button and hid it from us for a year.  Still the gorgeous girl, now a woman, that I remembered. She's obtained two degrees, traveled the world, and has a million projects on her plate.  Funny, intelligent, and beautiful, it was so nice to see this person for whom I had a small part in raising.

She may no longer be my stepdaughter but I'm happy that she will always be my friend. Thank you Chels for thinking of me and stopping by to connect!






No comments:

Post a Comment