Monday, December 11, 2017

Early Morning Frustration

Hello midnight my old friend
You've kept me up late yet again

That cup of coffee tonight didn't help me out
Brain buzzing and no sleep is what it's all about

Do I watch another movie or shut it down
In hopes the silence sends me to sleepy town

Pop a Benydryl to jump start a snooze
Or a couple of Midol - I've got nothing to lose

Done the deep breathing, the stretches and more
At this rate I won't hit REM sleep til 4

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep I think
Oh please into slumber I desire to sink

Time to get off the phone, put my mind to the task
This broad needs some sleep and that's all I do ask

So I say goodnight now as I look at the time
Almost 1 and I'm tired of all these silly rhymes

Eyes finally droopy as sleep is coming to me
Uh oh hold on....now I  gotta go pee 😠


No comments:

Post a Comment