Saturday, July 7, 2018

Decoding Dreams


Rarely do dreams come my way but last night I had a doozy! Actually, it was this morning. I had woken up about 4:30 then fell back asleep and this is when my dream occurred.

It was around the holiday season, the boys were little and it had snowed - in the house. And I accepted this as if it were perfectly normal. At some point sisters Luna and Erin stopped by because we were all going to ride floaties down the river to Seaside. Uh, in the snow?

Well apparently outside it was summer. My dream hopped over to the Cowlitz River (which doesn't lead to Seaside but that's beside the point) where we were admist a ton of people floating on the swift current. It was moving very fast and I was holding on tight. Sam and Jordan, about age 6/7, were speedily zipping through the water and I was stressed because they were not wearing life jackets. My niece Maressa, at about 12, was there watching them.

At some point I arrived at a waiting point where I laid down on a beach recliner. Looked over and saw a friend and previous neighbor. Said hi and tried to strike up a conversation but she ignored me. 

Finally my sisters and the boys showed up. I gave Erin a hug then gave Luna a really long hug and started crying. At that point I woke up.

It was definitely a weird dream where you wake up and think it actually happened.  Just starting my second cup of coffee which has helped to shake the feeling of that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment