Friday, July 20, 2018

Lake Days in the Sun

Sunshine on my shoulders makes me want to be outside!

Tuesday after work Marie and I hit Lake Sacajawea to fish. We started on one dock in the shade but found out it was, well, in the shade. Too windy and cold so we moved over to the sunny side of the lake.

Fished awhile but no bites.😕 Not that I would keep anything caught from that lake.  Strikes me as a big slough but it was fun casting.

Thursday Marie, her friend Michelle and I returned to the lake for the free summer concert. It was packed! My new $1 chair on board along with a fleece pullover, we settled in to listen to Eagle Eyes, an Eagles tribute band. They were surprisingly similiar to the original band.

I kind of got a community warm fuzzy as we sat there with the crowd on the grass, bonding over 70's and 80's hits. Had never been to one of the free concerts before but it really impressed me that this was offered - at no charge - in our community. Almost felt like we were in Vancouver or Portland.  Had a great time but definitely needed that jacket when the sun began to set.

Had my half-day Friday at work then arrived home to nurse my painful knee. Have never had problems with it before so did ice, elevation, and ibuprofen to get it back in order.  Hopefully it will be gone in time for me to have another meet-n-greet tomorrow morning at the lake to walk our dogs. On-line dating is such a hit or miss. It may not get me a boyfriend but at least it keeps me entertained!


No comments:

Post a Comment