Sunday, July 8, 2018

Silver Lake, Singing, and Shamrock

This weekend was filled with mother/son bonding!

Saturday morning Sam and I went to Epic used movie and games store to browse.  Finished with that I dropped Sam off then picked up a few items at Walmart. I have been craving  cantaloupe  so indulged the urge  and picked up  both that and honeydew melon.

Around 1:30 I met Jordan and Candy at Silver Lake to go fishing. Turned out to be blue sky, hot and sunny. We fished from the dock with worms. Candy caught a few small ones, I reeled in a trout and a sunfish, and Jordan hooked a monster carp along with a trout. We had a great time enjoying the sun and sharing each other's company.

Came home from fishing and Sam stopped by to talk me into going out. After getting cleaned up we went over to the bowling alley and played one game. Hadn't bowled in years but enjoyed attempting to avoid gutterballs.



After bowling Sam had a mad itch to sing karaoke. First stop was Triangle Tavern but it was so crowded we cruised right on by. He wanted to stop at Canton, which was previously a real dive bar at a downtown Chinese restaurant.  I hadn't been there in decades as we thought of it as the cockroach palace.

When we arrived to the bar we saw it was under new ownership with a different name. We walked up to go in and an outdoor sign said karaoke was only on Sunday and Monday. As we talked about going elsewhere, the DJ, who was out front, said he would do karaoke for us. The DJ looked familiar and it's because only that day he had friended me on Facebook. So unusual to have run into him the same day.

Sam and I went in and we were the only customers in the bar. Apparently everyone was over at Rainier Days so downtown Longview was a ghost town. Sam and I each sang a few songs then the female bartender got into the game. It ended up being duet night with Sam and Marlee, the bartender, singing their hearts out. We ended up spending the rest of the evening until after midnight with the place to ourselves while the DJ played duet after duet songs from Disney to Evanescence.

I ended up going to bed about 2 a.m. . Slept in this morning then Sam and I went out for breakfast. Our first stop was Tim's Tavern, which I had heard served a cheap but delicious breakfast. We arrived about 11:45 a.m., sat down and waited for the waitress. She brought us menus then returned to take our order. When we tried to order breakfast, she said it was only served until noon. Looking at our phones it was only 12:01 and we had certainly arrived before noon. Could not believe their customer service that we couldn't order breakfast at that point so we left and went elsewhere.

We wound up at the Shamrock Tavern where we ordered lunch. Excellent meal and super customer service as opposed to the 12:01 BS at Tim's.

Although I had high hopes to mow the yard today I ended up watching movies and napping. Had picked up the Lucille Ball version of Mame yesterday at Epics so watched that today. Didn't shower and didn't even brush my teeth today so that sums up my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment