Thursday, April 2, 2020

Murder Mystery with a Side of Razzle Dazzle

During the imposed stay at home rule, along with work I've been watching a variety of shows on Netflix, Amazon, and a new to me and free site Pluto. My current favorites are British crime dramas and mysteries. Ran across the following movie - London Road - and thought 'that's right up my alley!"  British, Oliva Colman, Tom Hardy, crime - what more could you want? Take a looksie at the description:


And yet, of course, there is more to the story.

Was in it about 15 minutes when one of the characters began lilting his dialogue. Kind in rhyme speak. It grew faster, his words began growing louder and suddenly I realized he was singing! Yes singing!


Continued watching and in between the killing of hookers and arresting of suspects there were choreographed dance numbers, group songs, and solos. It was all too bizarre and definitely not in a Sweeney Todd kind of way.

Ended up exiting halfway through the film. May force myself to finish watching but not now because I'm deep into "Hunters" with Logan Lehrman, Al Pacino, Lena Olin and Carol Kane. Awesome series so far!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment