Monday, April 27, 2020

Canvas and Curler Catastrophe

Moved my recent canvas art onto the walls. Just love them but the walls are getting a bit squeezed. I belong to an art Facebook group; when I posted my photos, a gal asked if I'd consider selling them. Hmmm, not a bad idea and might just try that one on for size. Would definitely loosen the belt on the walls and give them breathing space.


Yesterday took my almost daily stroll at Willow Grove. We were passing by, in six feet range mind you, a family who had a German Shepherd. It came bounding up to us at which point Stubbs turned on a dime, barked, growled, and that pup went running back to its kin.

Later at home, we were outside when Stubbs began barking. Looked over and he was chasing a lab along with a huge Rottweiler/Pit Bull/Son of Satan beast with a spiked collar out of the yard. For a 12-year old, eight pound dog with a touch of arthritis he can sure bring down the big boys.  The two dogs ended up roaming in the alley so grabbed a pic (safely behind the gate) and posted it on line not just for someone to rescue their dog but to keep that monster away from kids.


Recently picked up some cheap bendy curlers and have tried them out a few times. Definitely boosts the oomph in my hair. Usually just roll up a few of the larger noodles but last night went for the gusto, used all the rollers, then hit the hay.

Come to Mama!

This morning proceeded to unfurl my hair and it was outrageous!  Flashback to being a kid when Grammie would give me a perm with rods so small a No. 2 pencil would overshadow them!  Whoa!

Brushed my hair and it morphed into an afro so gigantic couldn't help but channel Little Orphan Annie and burst into a rendition of "Tomorrow."  Decided it was definitely a shower and shampoo day; unfortunately, the event was so traumatic I failed to take a pic so you will just have to make do with this:



Y'all know the beach, the waves, and mermaids are my thing. Stopped at Dollar Tree to pick up hangers when what to my wandering eye did appear but a sweet mermaid tail!  For a buck it was going home with me!


Last night and again tonight my recent craft project has been to paint and decorate two driftwood walking sticks. Finished the first one tonight then started on the second. There's just something about crafting and art that soothes the soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment