Friday, May 8, 2020

Hello Sunshine!

The dog and I have really been hitting Willow Grove after work almost every day. Wednesday I hit the jackpot when we stumbled across an actual treasure buried in the sand. Saw some metal peeking out of the river bank,  reached down, and pulled out a sweet heart necklace. The clasp even worked!  Granted it was not some shiny piece of gold but it meant more to me than riches.  You see, I was browsing through Mother's Day cards and felt a twinge of sadness that I couldn't buy a card for Mom.  That little silver heart emerging from the sand was a sweet hello she had sent me. Love you Mom and thank you for the treasure! ❤


Speaking of Mother's Day, Jordan and Candy popped over this morning to surprise me with a bouquet of flowers and card. They even gifted Marie with a bouquet. So thankful to have children who love their mom.  🥰


Today was in the low 80's and - hold your hat - tomorrow is supposed to be 87 degrees! Wow!  Today on my lunch break sat outside to relax and soak in the rays.  Hmm looks like it's time for another round of hair dye to keep that silver halo in check!

Have been determined to increase my water intake so have made it a goal to drink one of these filled with water every day.  That's 89 fluid ounces or 11 8-ounce glasses, which trumps the recommended 8-glasses a day rule. Try to lay off as evening rolls around; so far have only needed to get up once at night to hit the bathroom.


Popped into my work office yesterday to grab my flash drive.  Looked the same just quiet; main sign of time passing were all the plants slowly withering with brown patches or scattered leaves forming a sad circle on the carpet below its branches.  Team decided we will be returning on or about September 8 to the office - four more months. Word on the street is everyone has been super productive so working from home has been a success.  I definitely enjoy it - no use of gas, get to sleep in, significant decrease in harming my hair with blow dryer or curling iron, and a more relaxed ienvironment.




No comments:

Post a Comment