Monday, May 25, 2020

R.I.P. Rick

For the last several years one of my guilty pleasures has been playing Trivia Crack. The kids got me hooked on it and of course with my love of knowledge and trivia, it's been a fun and relaxing game.  Early on played a game against a random person - Rick Broadhurst. From then on ended up playing only against him every time I went on Trivia Crack.

Over the years we got to know each other and became Facebook friends. We were the same age, both with birthdays in January, he lived in Oklahoma and was a nice person to chat with now and then but mainly was a worthy opponent for the trivia game.

A few months ago he said he was in the hospital. We hadn't played in quite awhile so I started a new game and have regularly been playing since then. In fact, we were playing a game last night.  Unfortunately, I looked on line today and saw that he had passed away this morning at 3am - congestive heart failure.  Even though we never met, he was still in my life.

Rest in peace Rick.  You'll be missed.

Rick and his sister Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment