Monday, July 27, 2020

Heat, Hamburger, and Hip Hop

Where to start? Have been a busy bee this last week.

My new filling and crown have been causing pain in my mouth so I returned to the dentist last Tuesday for a looksie. Nerves are good; doc thinks it is just inflamed so I need to continue with ibuprofen and Tylenol for two weeks to see if the pain departs. It's getting old.

Took a test last week for a certification. Passed with 80%; have a class and test this week than another on August 4 and I'll be done!  My employer likes to see initials after our names so they pay for the classes.

Have continued my acrylic pour painting and also added a few rocks.  Was looking out the kitchen window and saw a little 2-3 year old across the street helping her mom garden. So cute I had to paint a rock then had Marie sneak it over on their porch.  I followed that up with the dog Lily painted rock.





Friday afternoon decided Stubbs needed a summer cut. Trimmed his hair and nails and gave him a bath. Looks like he dropped 10 pounds!

It has been a scorcher this weekend! Woke up at 5:45am Saturday morning so grabbed Stubbs and hit Willow Grove. After that stopped off to clean and vacuum my rig and followed it up by washing it when I arrived home. Made some chunky guacamole then worked on some painting fix-its and poured a new canvas outside.  Even filled my water bottle with<ò a tea bag and brewed some sun tea while I relaxed in the yard.  Finished the evening with cooking homemade calzones.









Early Sunday afternoon we invited the neighbor to join us and we headed to the Columbia River in Kalama. We expected it to be our quiet spot; unfortunately everyone else had the same idea. Tide was low so we could easily walk to the sandbar and stake our spot.  Spent a few hours in the water, laying out, and listening to hip hop music. Sam showed up to join us even though he was nursing red legs from his previous day at Willow Grove. 





And here it Monday. Put my time on today then made cheeseburgers for dinner. Escaped the hot house and now sitting outside basking in the cool breeze. Life is good!





No comments:

Post a Comment