Thursday, July 16, 2020

Weird Uses for Washing Machine Tray

Tuesday spent all day in a webinar for an insurance certificate. Will take a test for the class this coming week then only two more classes in July and August before my certification is complete. Yee haw!

After the class was over, spent the evening applying two coats of varnish to my paintings.  Mucho gloss and the canvas and frame I picked up from Goodwill turned out super.



Yesterday on my lunch break hit Home Depot to pick up a washing machine tray. Yes, a washing machine tray.  Have currently been using a Dollar Tree plastic tablecloth as a catchall for my acrylic pours; however, discovered that the tray may be the best method for the acrylic pour paintings. Fits large sizes of canvas, washable, and has a two inch lip to contain the runoff paint.


Decided to test the new tray last night.  Have you ever had an artistic vision in your head that just didn't come to fruition? That was my evening.  I was preparing a partial painting first on one half of the canvas followed with an acrylic pour. First step turned out great. Took the canvas outside, placed it on top of the tray, and poured my combination of colors on top. Ooh it's gonna look cool were my thoughts.  Uh no. Tilting the canvas didn't work, paint was sliding all over, tried swiping, tried more paint, dabbing, more swiping....it just went on and on and on with no acceptable result.  Giving up, swiped all the paint off the canvas, leaving a shade of gray mud behind.

Was moments away from flinging that dreaded painting into the garbage can when my bargain diva side reared up and stopped myself because I didn't want to waste the canvas.  Mixed up another cup of paint and poured it with a swirly motion. A few tilts and this painting arose from the ashes of the Phoenix into this art.  Pretty pleased with myself not only for the result but for my stubbornness to stick through instead of giving up.


This morning arose bright and early to take roommate to Vancouver for a neck injection.  Actually woke up about 3am to grab tissue and take allergy pills. Couldn't fall back asleep until 4:30am then alarm went off at 5:30am. Headed out about 6:10am and now here I sit in her assigned same day surgery room at 8:40am and they have just taken her in for the procedure.  Today is going to be a long day!!


No comments:

Post a Comment