Wednesday, March 14, 2012

McDinky's and Memories

Cap'n Yobys
Last night son Jordan rode along with me as I picked up the new plates for my car, which finally arrived at the dealership.  After the car lot, we were going to pick up dinner at Wendy's for the family; however, we had passed by Cap'n Yoby's so decided it was a night for fish and chips.

Cap'n Yoby's has been a local staple in the area for years.  The man (who passed away a few years back) who started this restaurant actually went to school with my mom.  It was a lunch hot spot for myself and my BFF in high school - we had an open campus so we'd book it over to CY for fish at lunch then back to school.  The fish is awesome....still the same recipe as when I was in high school.  They also offer up the famous "McDinky" burger....a fairly small burger.  I picked up a family order of fish along with some McDinky's for the boys to share at home for dinner.

The only thing that has changed in this local diner?  The prices!!  Dang they have risen!!!  But for a trip down memory lane, it's worth it once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment