Monday, March 19, 2012

What Is This - Diva's Food Blog?

My Diva Sister Luna sent this to all my brothers and sisters so we could relive our memories of Mom making homemade caramel from sweetened condensed milk.  So easy and yet so yummy!  The following are directions for this treat - try it and enjoy!!!

PS - I promise to lay off the food articles, at least for a few days!!!


Ingredients :
1 8 ounce can sweetened condensed milk

Direction :
1. Immerse closed can on its side in a pot of boiling water (I don't remember my mom placing the can on its side so I'm not so sure this is required).
2. Leave on a simmer or light boil for 2 hours topping off with water as needed. Be careful and don’t let the water dry out.
3. Remove from heat and let cool thoroughly before opening can. Condensed milk should be thick and a nice caramel color. Don’t open the can while its still hot as that can be very, very messy.

No comments:

Post a Comment