Monday, March 19, 2012

Saturday Lebanese Experience

My boyfriend took me to a different kind of restaurant this weekend - Lebanese.  It is called Nicholas and it was different and wonderful.  After browsing the menu, which contained a ton of unusual items, I selected chicken and rice while he chose a gyro sandwich.

The waitress brought out a bowl of seasoned oil along with humus.  She then delivered to us this huge, and I mean HUGE, hot homemade pita bread, which was simply divine.  The humus was creamy, with paprika, red oil, and green onion on top.  The best humus I've had ever and it put every other store bought humus to shame.

Monster pita bread
The waitress then delivered our entrees - mine an entire hind quarter of seasoned chicken laying on a bed of rice and my guy a lamb gyros sandwich enveloped in the pita bread.  Beyond fantastic!  We ate, we talked, we ate, we laughed, we ate some more, and then we asked for to go boxes as it was simply too much food.

It was a memorable dinner with a great person.  There is nothing better than sharing a new dining experience with someone who makes that event even better.  Here's to venturing out and taking more dining risks in my future!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment