Monday, April 3, 2017

A Meringue Kind of Weekend

Last week was so packed full of work activities that I made up for it this weekend by relaxing.

Friday night, after having two nails come off, the evening was spent clipping and picking off all my nails because why not?  Hello short stubby fingers!

Slept in Saturday then spent the morning cleaning the kitchen, vacuuming, and the usual chores.  After looking at my little scruff meister Stubbs, I decided a trim and bath was in order. Mainly trimmed his face and feet then gave him a soapy scrubbing. He smells so much better but that trim job wasn't so great - he looks like a pudgy puff ball with four twigs for legs. Poor little pup.


Then of course with all that dog hair my allergies came to a head.  Took a shower then downed a benadryl to control the symptoms.  It was soon naptime.

That afternoon I made shrimp pasta salad along with some meringue cookies with lemon curd filling.  Yummy but too many for me so to off work they will go.

Yesterday I dinked around home then stopped at Goodwill to see if there were any acceptable movies. Snagged one of my favorites that I hadn't seen in a very long time - Glengarry Glen Ross, a David Mamet written film about salesmen and filled with swearing.  Al Pacino, Alec Baldwin, Kevin Spacey, Jack Lemmon - beyond excellent cast. It was good but not as great as my memory recalled.

And here it is Monday once again. Back to the grind, which should be busy since spring break is upon us.

No comments:

Post a Comment