Friday, April 28, 2017

Random Reflections on Being Single


Friday could not come fast enough!  Highlights of this week included:

Had a second date last Saturday with New Guy.  Things were going fine until Wednesday when he became incommunicado until I received a text that said he was very busy.  This is after two weeks of texting and 2-hour long conversations.  Okay then, moving along so New Guy is now Disappear Guy so I’m on to greener pastures.

Former BF saw me on-line so sent me a few messages proclaiming anger and misunderstanding over our break up.  And that it was my fault and I need to see a psychiatrist to figure out my problems.  Okay then.  Thankfully I’m a tolerant person and simply wished him well.  Sad situation when in order to make myself happy it resulted in the sadness of another person.  But as I’ve learned in the last year (due to my therapy along with self-reflection and a whole lot of damn thinking), one cannot forego their own happiness in order to make another person happy. 

 
My perusal of the on-line dating site has been off and on.  In the last two weeks, I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the app three times.  Began getting a ton of messages from a variety of men – age 40 to 70.  Some seemed nice, acceptable, tame; others began with lines such as “do you like to cuddle?” or “you are a hot, pretty lady – would really like to meet up with you.”  Ugh.  I have to say it appears to be more for entertainment value than meeting my soul mate.

Tonight I’m meeting up with my pals at a local bar to eat dinner, drink cocktails (well, beer actually), and shoot the shit.  Will be a great opportunity to vent about single life, dating, work, and life in general.

Tomorrow will be a day for my nails as well as talking son Sam into mowing my overgrown yard.  If he is unable I will simply have to take the mower by the horns and do it myself.  The backyard is so overgrown I can no longer see my Stubbs when he goes outside.

Have a great weekend readers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment