Sunday, April 30, 2017

Friends Always Make the Weekend Fly By!

Friday night was the bomb hanging out with my friends at the tavern. So long since I'd seen them so it was hard to fully catch up with all.  Son Sam even joined us. At one point a drunken fool draped his arm around me and was making lascivious comments to me. Sam immediately said "Uh that's my mom so watch it."  That took care of that matter!!

Ended up leaving after 11 and going to bed around 12:30.  You know, the fact I get less sleep turns into more of a hangover than drinking. Took my aspirin and water before bed so no headache but I was sure dragging yesterday.

Received a surprise call from sis Julie, who was at Arlene's house. They invited me to lunch so I cleaned myself up and joined up with them for a lunch at Parkers in Castle Rock. I love that place - always great food. We ate, we talked, and it was nice catching up.  Julie even brought me some river rocks for my painting projects.

After, I swung by Walmart for groceries then went home and took a much needed nap!

Last night I sliced up red onion and, along with shredded carrots, put those in a pickling sauce to sit overnight. I really love chicken banh mi sandwiches so that will be on the menu today.

This morning I slept in then started a load of laundry before going to town on my rocks.  As always, I'm avoiding cleaning my room but I MUST do it today!!  It's been the thorn in my side for so long that it's just got to be done.

Still browsing POF as my side hobby for entertainment. Humans are funny people!

Well although Sam promised to mow the yard for his ma, I've not yet seen him. Therefore, it appears mowing will on the menu for today.




No comments:

Post a Comment