Tuesday, April 18, 2017

The River Keeps My Head On Straight

There's something to be said about the sun, sand, and surf that can bring peace and calm to a person.


Today was one of those days when I over thought conversations, actions, words, and situations.  Overthinking can be mentally exhausting.  To get my head back on straight, after work I threw on my overalls, grabbed Stubbs then headed out to Willow Grove.  It was about 63 degrees, sunny and gorgeous out.

I walked, picking up various driftwood and rocks, tucking them inside my beach bag to use in future craft projects.  Stubbs ran and peed then ran and peed some more.

I also spent some time thanking the Lord for such a beautiful day. It's funny how a person can get wrapped in their own little corner of the universe and forget how many blessings we have for which to be thankful.

Returning home son Sam called and invited me to dinner - his treat.  We ended up going to a close by Mexican restaurant for dinner.  Great food, great conversation, and a chance to catch up with my son.

Capped the evening off with more entertaining conversations with not only BF Lynn but also the new guy I'm getting to know.


Once my over thinking stopped, it wound up being an excellent day!

No comments:

Post a Comment