Saturday, April 8, 2017

Pulling the Plug on the Predator

Facebook is my guilty pleasure. I post goofy TGIF memes, say happy birthday to friends, play trivial quizzes, and catch up with family.  I also receive friend requests from people - usually co-workers, friends of friends, or at times people I don't know, who are promptly deleted.

The other day a man friend requested me who I thought was a friend of someone I knew.  It wasn't. This guy started FB messaging me.  Obviously a single dude my age who was trying to make a connection with other singles via Facebook.

He didn't expect that I'm a smart cookie. I asked him a lot of questions and his answers were:


  • Wife was murdered 5 years ago in Berlin;
  • Son hasn't spoken to him in 3 years;
  • Only child;
  • Parents are dead;
  • Works in Afghanistan in the service but is from Ohio;
  • Is 53 but has only been in the service 15 years, which made him 38 when he joined;
  • Hasn't been on a date or had a girlfriend for 5 years since his wife died.

So, along with Facebook Google is also my friend. In another life I was born to be a detective. I searched this guy's info - nothing.  No family, tragic events, and shady military history added up to a big mystery.

At that point he began referring to me as Hon so the jig was up.  Does any of his info sound believable?  Perhaps to a desperate single woman but not to this diva.  I blocked that Internet predator faster than my Stubbs wolfing down a Milk Bone!

While it was an entertaining event, I won't accept friend requests from people I don't know again. A little too creepy for my taste!!



No comments:

Post a Comment