Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Cookies, Comedy, and Compliments


Today was a good day, even though it is a Tuesday masquerading as a Monday.

First off, one of my co-workers gave me two boxes of Girl Scout cookies, including thin mints, just because. Score!

Then, our new mail guy stopped by to drop off and pick up the mail. He's new, cute, and one of the office gals has an unrequited crush on him. I've never officially met him but today when I was making copies, he was grabbing the mail next to me. I said good morning, he did the same, and then he told me I looked very nice today. I said thank you. As he was leaving he said "actually every day."  That was unexpected and made me blush as I stammered out another thank you.  No, I'm not interested in thirty-something mail guy as I'm with sweet Mr. B but it was flattering.

The rest of the day was busy, busy, busy getting ready for a company meeting for all employees. The meeting turned out great, which included me saying a few words and participating in a skit. Being a ham with an audience feeds my inner stand up comedic soul.

Now here I sit, texting back and forth with Mr. B, lounging on the couch watching Bridget Jones The Edge of Reason, and eating thin mints.  Yep, it's been a very good day. 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment