Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Dating Disasters

Okay, my dating life has now evolved into the weird, the odd, and the just plain strange.  Over the last weekend the following occurred which has now solidified my standing as queen ultra psycho magnet: 

·        After a few red flags, set New Guy free with the standard answer “It’s not you, it’s me.”  This has now evolved into prolific texts from New “Now Psycho” Guy which go on and on about such things as “Your sunny smile was winning but now it’s a case of the rain;” “I’m humbly asking for a reconciliation;” “It’s too soon to profess my love and unending devotion but I see the potential in you;” and on and on ad nauseum.  Received a huge text at 5:30am this morning that he had written around 1:30am.  Enough!!!

 
·        Sam picked me up yesterday for Mother’s Day dinner with his bud Jimmy.  Sam actually had his dad in the car as he was giving him a ride home.  I then had to listen to my ex ramble on and on about how cute I am, how he loves me, how I’m so special.  Barf!!!  He couldn’t get out of that car fast enough.

 
·        On Sunday I received a nice Happy Mother’s Day text from my last boyfriend.  However, yesterday he began messaging me on POF stating “Hi gorgeous” and “I miss you.”  Why are you contacting me on POF when you have my phone number to text?  And why send these messages?

 
Because I am a glutton for punishment, I’ve got a new meet and greet set up for tonight at a local Starbucks.  He seems nice, normal, intelligent – but don’t they all in the beginning??!!  Someone told me once that you have to get through 20 people before you find the one that works for you.  I have high hopes but low expectations so we’ll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment