Sunday, May 28, 2017

It's the Little Things That Make a Big Difference

Saturday I slept in then did a bunch of running around before I had to get ready for Jordan's birthday dinner.  The plan was to meet at 4pm at Sizzler.

Well, of course I was running late with no chance of meeting later. I hopped in the shower about 3:10 and was on a mission. Fast makeup, then dried my hair into its natural mess as there was no time to straighten it. Threw a few iron  curls into the 'fro,  whipped on my clothes and screeched into the Sizz at 3:50. Gotta be a personal record for me.  I was the first one there. Jordan and Candy showed up quickly followed by Mr. B.

Introductions made then we went inside to order and visit. Mr. B actually got Jordan a card - with a cat on it, one of Jordy's favorite animals. It was unexpected and such a nice thing for him to do.

Dinner was fun and of course Jordan had me cracking up the whole time.

Dinner over I followed Mr. B to his place. Meanwhile, due to the heat and humidity, my hair seemed to be growing bigger and bigger. It had a life of its own!
Mr. B's place was very nice, landscaped, decor was tasteful, clean, and warm. I stayed over and we had a great time talking about everything under the sun. Before bed I saw that he had plugged my phone into a charger. This morning when I was leaving I told him he didn't have to walk me to the car and he said "of course I need to."

After not having had this kind of treatment for a long time, it is so wonderful to be with someone so thoughtful, kind, and genuine.  I could really get used to this! 😊

Today son Sam has been avoiding my text so I had to take matters into my own hands and mowed the front yard - with the bagger. Hot, sweaty, but the job is done and I can hold my head high in the neighborhood again. Only problem was the mower gas cap seems to have dissappeared.

Tomorrow is Memorial Day and I'm happy I took it off. Perhaps it will spur me on to hanging up my clothes. Perhaps.



No comments:

Post a Comment