Thursday, February 9, 2012

No Lights But Plenty of Shoes!!

The maintenance men, although both fairly attractive, didn't spend very much time with me today.  Mr. Cable was in and out within 20 minutes; Mr. Electrician (who appeared to be tsk-tsking under his judgmental breath regarding the reasons why I had placed 100 watt bulbs into 65 watt only sockets.....uh, because no one told me it couldn't be done) was also only in the house about 30 minutes.  After checking all the canister lights, he pronounced them dead and in need of new wiring, which could only be done at a second appointment.  And at a cost of $600 to $700 bucks, which I unfortunately expected.  After he again reiterated to me to only use 65 watt or less bulbs (okay, okay I got it Mr. Electricity, who's good looks were beginning to deteriorate based upon his superiority complex) we agreed I would set up an appointment next week for him to come in and work his magic on my lights.

Jordan possessed by the
Domo Snuggie
All of this was over by 9:15 am.....so not the full day I had planned.  Which meant I had the whole day to myself!  I decided I needed to take the new car for a cruise so where else but Vancouver - specifically Vancouver Mall?!!   I drove to Vancouver and spent part of the day browsing the deals and picking up a few things for the boys, including a Domo Snuggie for Jordan (yeah, he's loving it) along with a Batman hat for Sam.  I then headed over to Goodwill, where I just love digging through the bargains in search of a treasure.

It was one of those rare days where every shoe I found was in my size!  Normally the cute ones are a 10 or a 5 but today the angels sang then presented me with a large variety of size 8.  I picked up the following three pairs of shoes - lace-up black slingbacks, melon wedges, and Fergielicious-labeled T-straps.  We be stylin!
Bargain heels

After Goodwill, I stopped off on my way home at Woodland Walmart to pick up groceries before heading home.  I ended up being too preoccupied to make the trek to Fred Meyer to see Ann Rule....oh well.  Accomplished a lot - perhaps not what I had in mind - and I'm ready to return to work tomorrow which is, by the way, Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment