Thursday, February 9, 2012

Of Maintenance Men and Murder

Is that your drill or are you
just happy to see me?
This morning there will be two strapping men in my house performing tasks to my liking!  To clarify, I've taken today off from work in order to have an electrician fix some  overhead lights in my kitchen and family room.  They haven't been working forever and we've been lighting the room by using a hanging garage light, which is neither practical or aesthetically pleasing.  It will be oh so nice to be able to use the light switches again!  (As an aside, I asked the company if they knew how to fix garage doors, the current bane of my existence.  Unfortunately, the answer was no, but that may not stop me from hinting around to get the dude to at least take a look at what is preventing my garage door from opening!) 

Handyman number two this morning will be a technician to fix our digital cable box in the living room.  Last weekend I finally broke down and purchased a new large screen, HDTV, 3D capable plasma screen television; unfortunately, the digital box isn't working so the new TV has simply sat in the living room serving as an object d'art!  I'm confident today we will have both working lights along with an awesome TV so both Top Chef and Fashion Police can be viewed in style!

Ann Rule
I also noticed in this morning's paper that an exciting event will be happening today that I simply must attend.  Ann Rule, true crime author, along with her daughter will be appearing at 3pm in the local Fred Meyer's to sign books.  I'm so there!!    Sister Jube and myself simply love the way Ann Rule writes, although I haven't read one of her books in quite awhile.  But today is the day to buy a new one and have it signed by the author herself!!  Jube, I just know you are jealous!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You're killing me Lish!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nanner nanner nanner, I already got to have her sign one of my books a few years ago.. very neat!
    xoxoxo
    Eilene

    ReplyDelete