Thursday, November 8, 2012

Congrats Jordan!

Yesterday my allergies overcame me so I took a day off from work in order to battle dripping nose, red eyes, and sneezing.  However, my day off turned in to a blessing for son Jordan.  He got a job!

Yep, on Monday he informed me he had filled out 11 applications and was determined to obtain a position in the working world.  Winco called on Tuesday and set his interview for Wednesday.  One of his buds dropped him off for the interview; he then called an hour later, needing a ride to the drug screening facility, which I knew meant a job was at hand!  Thankfully, due to my allergy attack, I was at home to be able to give him a ride.

Grabbing my Kleenex,  I picked him up, drove to the lab, and waited outside while he did the pee test.  Inside, he had a conversation with a Brazilian transfer student; her stateside mom encouraged them to exchange email and numbers because she needed friends.  It was Jordan's lucky day - not only did he get a job but a Brazilian girl's number as well! 

The young man was on cloud nine!  It was so exciting to see him so stoked over getting this job on his own.  Kudos to you Jordan and I'm hoping for your great success!!

No comments:

Post a Comment