Sunday, November 4, 2012

Estatic to Start a New Week!

Here's to a new week starting - the last seven days were a combination of stress, anxiety, and tears with a few blessings thrown in for good measure.

Jury duty and a doctor's appointment for Jordan occupied my time on Monday. 

Tuesday while driving to work my single contact filmed over; despite numerous cleanings, I was forced to drop it in the garbage when I arrived to work.  This meant walking and driving through the day in a near-sighted haze, hoping the street I cross included a green light, not red.  That night at home, Stubbs jumped on me with a wet dingleberry hanging from his nether regions, which meant he needed an immediate bath.  I spent over an hour shampooing, brushing, scissoring, drying, more scissoring, clipping nails, then primping the little guy.  Although he now looks divine, my nose filled with dog hair was not appreciative.  I also learned my brother-in-law's mother had passed away, only a few short months after his father had passed.  Such sad news, especially since the loss of a mother is so very relatable for me.

Wednesday was Halloween.  I was happy to learn my pumpkin Lorax had earned third place in the contest, missing out on second by only one point.  At home that evening, it was trick or treat time, which meant up and down, up and down, answering the door while scarfing dinner on the side, and listening to Stubbs bark with every single knock.  It was far from a relaxing evening.

Thursday was my mother's birthday.  Although she has been gone since 1996, I think of her every day.  Add to that, my Michael and I were in a dispute so I was down in the dumps.  Upon arriving home, I collapsed on my bed and had a good cry.  It was simply not a good day.

Friday finally arrived.  My wonderful boyfriend and I made up and, although we are apart this weekend, we are back in simpatico with each other.  Friday evening found me wandering Ross, spending over an hour investigating what deals or treasures were buried under the shoes, clothing, and home decor departments.  It was wonderful retail therapy.

After awaking first at 5am on Saturday, I fell asleep until 9:30, which is so very unlike me.  Dinking around at home, my gray roots began mocking me so I made my way to the hairdresser, 50% off coupon in hand, for a color.  Freshened up, my next stop was Fred Meyer's for groceries then home, where french dip sandwiches were on the menu for the evening.  Michael and I then spoke on the phone, comparing notes as to which TV shows we were viewing, before I drifted off to sleep.

And now it's Sunday.  Here's to a more easy-going, less stressful week ahead of me.  And the same to all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment