Saturday, November 10, 2012

Giving Thanks to a Very Wise Man

Regardless of the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday, I must simply state that I am very thankful to have such a wise boyfriend.  Tonight one Sam's friends (we'll call him Larry) and his mother stopped by to discuss a situation regarding Larry.  What originally started as a conversation ended up being a therapy session with Larry and his mother, as guided by my Michael.  He made Larry think; he enforced the mother's rules; and he made my sons feel valued all at the same time.  He has a way of outlining situations, breaking them down into easily understood parts, then reiterating points home so everyone has a greater understanding of the choices available to them.  All this he does in a calm, cool, collected tone.  He has a way of explaining events that make you want to listen further.  The bottom line is, he impresses me.

When Larry and his mother left, I know their experience with Michael opened doors for them to better be able to communicate.  And it made me love him that much more.  Thank you, Michael, for being such an insightful and wise person - you are so very much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment