Monday, February 18, 2013

Bedroom, Birthday, and Bathtub Faucet

Two extra days off from work led to the accomplishment of many home projects.  For Valentine's Day I broke out my new $3.49 red clearance dress from Ross then enjoyed a sweet Valentine's dinner with Michael, including pink tulips and candy.  On Friday, we made our way to Portland; in search of the perfect pair of running shoes, we stopped at the Nike Outlet.  Alas, nothing had the right cushion or was in my price range so we departed with only a couple of Nike clearance tees.  Our last stop was Jantzen Beach before heading home...wow!  It is in huge remodel mode! Most of it was torn down and stores had been relocated nearby while the new strip mall is being built.  It is about time - such an artifact from days gone by and definitely needed a makeover.

Saturday we spent an entire day installing a new garbage disposal.  For the past few days the sink was clogged and we discovered a crack in the current disposal.  Enlisting the help of Sam, the old disposal was swapped out with the new.  After a dose of Draino Maxx Gel, the sink drained fine Sunday morning and the disposal purred like a charm.  Now if I could only figure out why there is water in the bottom of the dishwasher.

Saturday afternoon we began switching out my bathtub faucet with a new one.  Unfortunately, after finally removing the skanky old one, we discovered the new one was the wrong model.  Sunday morning found me up bright and early returning the wrong model for the right one at Ace.  Arriving back home, we installed the new one and voila!  The faucet works like a champ!!! 

Following that accomplishment, we moved my bedroom around to give it more space.  When it was time to move the dresser, there was good news and bad.  The bad news was I had crammed so many items into it that clothing had fallen into the back.  The good news is I found an abundance of my missing underwear and bras!!!  Made me so happy!!  It was also a sign to clean out my underwear and tees to give me room for my favorite items.

Following a late lunch, we stopped at JC Penney so I could spend my $25 birthday gift card from co-worker Andrea.  It bought me a fabulous black leather purse!  Thanks Andrea!!

Also on Sunday we celebrated my Sam's 18th birthday!!  I'm now the parent of two adults....wow!!   It's exciting to imagine what life will be like after Sam graduates - possible big adventures in store for all of us! 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Sam!! I'm glad to hear you had a great 4 days off DIVA!!

    ReplyDelete