Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pita Pit, Psychopaths and Pencil Skirts

A weekend filled with renewal and creativity - just what the doctor ordered.  Saturday found me up bright and early going on a walk/jog around the neighborhood while it was still dark outside. After cleaning up (and sliding into a pair of jeans that were previously too tight for comfort), the road found me cruising to Vancouver Mall for some retail therapy.   There is something to be said about wandering around in a crowded mall that can take one's mind off the woes and angst of life.

My first stop was to meet up with Michael to exchange our items. It was a bittersweet moment; as cliche as it sounds, I do hope we can remain friends.  After locking myself in a stall at JC Penney and having a good cry, I set my sadness aside and focused on finding clearance bargains at a poor gal's price.  There were some surprisingly super deals - I purchased a couple of sweaters and two high-end bras, all at $5 a pop.  Other than a discount glitter nail polish from Claire's, the rest of my time was spent browsing, examining, smelling perfumes, people watching, and reflecting on life.


While at the mall, I stopped at the Pita Pit for lunch.  Great place and they outlined all the calories for each sandwich.  Yes, I'm humbled to admit I now read the ingredient list for my groceries and calorie counts for the food I eat.  The Chicken Souvlaki met my requirements so it was ordered; during my meal I plugged in my calororic intake to MyFitnessPal.  Diligence has been paying off for me so this habit is on my side.

After the mall my next stop was Goodwill, which was packed to the rafters!  Not sure the draw because there was no huge sale in sight; even the yellow half-off tags were few and far between.  After spending an hour browsing I departed with nothing, other than irritation at the children allowed to run under and through the rack of clothes I was reviewing.  I could tell my annoyance was getting full-board when the thought of kicking the little buggers came to mind.   The worst part was both parents were present and neither of them said "Johnny, quit running through that rack of clothes!"

Adding a piece de resistence to Goodwill, my last stop on the way to home was Woodland Walmart. Nuff said.

Last night my young men and I enjoyed a wonderful family film together - "Seven Psychopaths."  Blood, gore, Christopher Walken....what better way to end a Saturday night?

Today is Superbowl Sunday.  Which doesn't mean much too me but in celebration I spent another 45 minutes walking/jogging the hood this morning.  Today will be spent cleaning my room (arrrggg...never ending), doing laundry, and sewing two skirts.   Stylegawker, one of my favorite new sites, showed an easy way to make pencil skirts so one of my stops yesterday was at Joann's to pick up fabric at a cheap price.  Pink, microsuede at $3 a yard along with a really cool black/gray knit (shown below) will make two really cute skirts. 

Enjoy the Superbowl or whatever activity finds out you today!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment