Sunday, February 3, 2013

Perhaps Top Chef Next?

Son Sam is currently taking a Teen Cuisine course at school and has brought that chef spirit home.  Today he was chomping at the bit to make cookies; after reviewing our available ingredients along with the cookbook, he settled on Chocolate Crinkles with a kick - instant Starbucks coffee in the mix.  So Mocha Crinkles.  Of course he wanted to do everything by himself so I was reduced to foreman status, simply pointing and instructing.

The cookies turned out well, at least from the quarter cookie I tasted.  Thankfully mocha isn't my cup of tea so these sweet treats won't be hard for me to avoid.

On to dinner!  Sam chose chicken fried steak along with cheese bread and "corn in a cup" to serve.  I was able to make some cabbage slaw with apple and light dressing just to have something green on the menu.  The corn in a cup recipe is from his buddy's house - whole kernel corn with juice mixed with chili powder and mayonnaise.  Not calling you?  Wasn't calling me either.  Luckily I was able to grab some corn without all of the extras. 

Sam's supper was fantastic but the best part?  He wants to make dinner again tomorrow night!  As long as he doesn't make more cheese bread....now there's my weak spot!

Chef Sam in the house

No comments:

Post a Comment