Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Keepin My Chin Up and Distractions Out!

Determined to maintain an optomistic mindset, I've put a few changes in place to ensure I'm focusing on the positive.

First off, I prepared numerous Post-It notes with affirmations to keep my spirits high and focused on positive outcomes, along with a few reminders about the changes I've made and plan to continue.  Along with writing my own original affirmations, I searched the Internet and found a ton that spoke to me, including:

*I respect myself and deserve respect from others;
*I treat myself with kindness and patience;
*I have the right to be wrong and the right to make mistakes;
*I am thin!

Each day when I get ready for work, I read these notes to myself in order to keep the important things in mind. 

Second, after much deliberation, I deactivated my Facebook account.  I found myself checking it in the morning, during the day via my phone, then at night.  For some reason I thought there was going to be some exciting news for which I may miss out when in actuality it mainly serves to be a vehicle for bad jokes, ramblings, and discussing nothing in general with the majority of people I never see in my life.  In a nutshell, it had become a time waster and I decided I have better activities to perform in this life than wait until something exciting occurs in others' lives.  So I deactivated my account, which doesn't mean I've bid it adieu forever, just simply taking a well-needed break.  So I can fit in real life during my day rather than observing other's lives from a distance.  If any friends needs to contact me, the important ones have my email address.



No comments:

Post a Comment