Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Blessings in Unexpected Places

Ugh, I was not in the mood to exercise today!!  Aunt Flo is knocking on the door and the thought of of brisk walking in the cold at lunch simply wasn't calling me.  Thankfully, bud Bobby said I had no choice so I strapped on my tennies and joined the crowd to fast walk around the lodge.  We walk around the entire resort, including the parking lots, so it's a good trek.  At the very far end of the back parking lot, I spotted something wet on the ground.  It was....a tee-shirt!  A new tee-shirt with tag attached!  Of course, it was on the ground, dirty and wet, but that wasn't going to stop me from claiming my find.  We were going to take two loops around the hotel so I left it there for my return.  Everyone but Bobby and me dropped off for the second loop; I ran in to my office real quick to grab a plastic bag for my find.

We continued our walk and I picked up my tee. As we continued on our walk, there sat in my path a lucky penny!  Oh, the unexpected finds were certainly abundant today.  And I would have missed them all if I hadn't gone on the walk.  It was a good sign and a blessing for me to stick it out and get some sweat in today.  That muffin top is on its way of being history!!!

No no to the muffin top!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment