Monday, September 12, 2011

Back to the Real Me!

What do these things have in common?


Olive oil, pliers, and a comb were the tools I used to remove my extensions last night!  Yep, they were getting too dry and a few were falling out so I decided it was time to remove them.  Loved having a long hair but I missed being able to run my fingers through my head! 

I looked on YouTube to see if there was an easy to way to remove the glue rather than heading back to the stylists.  Especially since it was Sunday night and I didn't want to wait - once I make my mind up, there's no stopping me!

I warmed up the olive oil and rubbed it on the extension nubs.  Let that sit for 45 minutes.  Began combing the extensions but they wouldn't budge so I resorted to the pliers in order to crack the glue casing.  It took about 1.50 hours but I finally got them all out.  And didn't lose too many of my own hairs, although there were a few times I yanked several roots out along with the extension.  Thank God my hair is thick so I thought of this as a texturizing process! 

I left the olive oil on my hair all night long to keep my hair a little extra conditioning.  I miss the look of the long hair but don't miss the nubs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment