Sunday, September 25, 2011

Of All Things Pink and Sequined

After losing two nails along with what seemed like an inch of growth, it was obviously time to get a fill on my nails yesterday.  Once nails were back in order, I wandered around the ever-decreasing Three Rivers Mall.  Back in the day, the mall was the place to shop and hang.  Now, it has become a shadow of its old self, containing only Bath & Body Works, J.C.Penney, Macy's, and, its newest addition....the library!  Yawn!  My biggest annoyance was when I paid for two pairs of 50% off earrings at Maurices.  The clerk, i.e., young gal no more than 21, called me "Dear."  Geez, I hate that!  Who told her it was okay to call a customer Dear?  Especially someone so full of wisdom and maturity as myself?  Times like this want to pull these little bubble headed darlings aside and school them in the ways of acceptable customer service. 

Once done at the mall, I ventured over to Ross.  Nothing at Ross, aside from overhearing a humorous conversation between a young lady and her beau regarding high heel shoes:

Her - These hurt my feet but I love them.
Him - Uh, why would you buy shoes that hurt your feet?
Her - Because they are beautiful, that's why!  High heels always hurt my feet.
Him - But why don't you just buy a more comfortable pair?
Her - Because these look so damn good.  Don't they?
Him - Um, actually they look fantastic.  I see your point.

That was a girl after my own heart!  She also knew the way to a man (and best dressed list) was through his visual senses, pain be damned!

I then made my way to Fashion Bug, where the rather annoying albeit helpful clerk gave me a 40% off coupon.  Clerks always ask "What are you looking for?  Can I help you find something?"  For one, in most cases I never know what I'm looking for until I actually see it.  Second, I wouldn't request fashion assistance from someone who thought a matching velor sweatsuit was proper attire for work.  I'll fend for myself, Hilary Duff, thank you very much!

I ended up scoring a clearance top, pair of jeans, and a fantastically bright pink nail polish.  Returning home, I immediately covered my white french tips with bright pink....go bold or stay in bed, I say!

Last night I spent the evening with my new guy watching movies on his very large projector screen.  It's like being in the movie theater but with all the comforts of home.  We watched Bridesmaids (hilarious!) along with Limitless (big groan it was so bad.)  I wore my new jeans with my old faithful spiked black belt, black pumps, and new tee emblazoned with a large, sequined pink lipstick kiss.  There's something about sequins along with lipstick a Diva just can't resist. 

This morning finds me back to the normal routine of doing laundry, cleaning the kitchen, and writing on my blog.  I'm waiting to receive the final answer of my request to work four 10-hour days, which will eliminate one day of commute for me along with giving me an extra day for the weekend.  It would be sheer bliss!  For this reason, bedtime will be coming sooner than normal because, in hopes of a positive answer, my plan is to get to work by 7am Monday morning to start the new schedule this week.  Keep your fingers crossed for me, Divas!!!  And let's make this a week full of sequins!!


No comments:

Post a Comment