Sunday, September 11, 2011

Driving Under the Teenage Influence

Arriving home last night about midnight, I ran into son Sam leaving the house to go grab Taco Bell with his buddies.  Come right back I hollered as he left the house.

About 1:30 am I was snuggled in my bed, drifting into REM sleep when the phone rang.  Yep, it was Sambo and yep, cops were involved.  The boys had been pulled over because the driver, who still holds an intermediate license, had a taillight out.  In addition, he could only have four people in the car (he had five) and he couldn't be on the road after 1am.  And of course the boys needed a ride home. 

After a few choice swear words, I grabbed the dog, jumped in the car and made my way to the mall, where they had been pulled over.  It was obvious where to find them as the patrol car lights were going strong.  All of the kids sat in the buddies car, looking sullen and embarrassed. 

The cop made his way to me; after I restrained my little guard dog Stubs, he relayed the information to me about too many kids in the car and after 1am restriction.  Uh, okay....I wasn't in the mood for a reprimand, especially since my child was not the driver.  The boys loaded themselves into my car and proceeded to receive an earful on our road trip back home.  What happened to this "quick" trip to Taco Bell.  Apparently it had evolved into not only Taco Bell but McDonald's and then Winco.  I told them they deserved to get pulled over for not returning home right after Taco Bell.  Mama Diva was a pissed off woman last night!!  It was an uncomfortable silence for the remainder of the ride home.  I think they all got the point.

It was nice to climb back into my bed and return to sleep!!

No comments:

Post a Comment