Monday, September 26, 2011

Bundle Me Up and Bring On the Popcorn!!!

Although I'm frequently referred to (at least by my family and close friends) as the movie trivia queen, the celebrity know-it-all, and "she with all the mindless answers", it has become apparent that a few vital movies are missing from my cinematographic history.  I tend to watch independent films, romantic dramas, classic movies and musicals from the forties and fifties, period pieces, and documentaries.  It was pointed out to me today that there is a vast array of outstanding films for which I've never truly enjoyed.  I've now added the following films to my movie bucket list and I hope the hype about them is true.  I'll keep an open mind but first let me share with you my thoughts about the following must-sees.....none of which I've seen:

Mission Impossible II+- Isn't one Tom Cruise movie enough?  The first Mission Impossible was fine....must I subject myself to additional adventures by Scientology's extraordinaire?  Makes me become misty-eyed as I remember watching the original TV series reruns with Peter Graves and Martin Landau.  Tom Cruise can never replace Peter Graves!

Happy Feet - A tap dancing penguin cartoon.  Hold me back!  What is there for an encore....Sponge Bob? 

Iron Man II - Just last week I watched (for the most part) Iron Man so now it is time for Iron Man II.  I love me some Robert Downey Jr.'s acting so that's the main draw for me. 

The Fast and the Furious as well as XXX - Cars, cars, and more cars.

Cars - Speaking of cars, another cartoon feature that never made it to my DVD player.

Avatar - Yes, believe it or not, I have never seen Avatar.  Contrary to popular opinion. there are some of us, however few we are, who just did not find the previews of Avatar very interesting.  The blue people just did not call to me. However, a certain someone has made it very clear it's not just about blue people - there is actually a fantastic story line involved with this movie.  So this will be my first selection to watch when I begin catching up on all the movies I've missed out on in the last few years.

Just to ensure you all that I'm not entirely against either Action/Adventure or Disney movies, the following movies are ones that I've seen over and over and thoroughly enjoy:

Courage Under Fire - Denzel Washington, Meg Ryan, and a very skinny Matt Damon makes for a kick ass movie.

Snow White - I'm wishing, I'm wishing, for the one I love - can't you just hear her singing at the well?

Kill Bill Vol. I and II - I have seen these movies more than 10 times.  One day I hope to grow up to be Uma Thurman wearing the yellow motorcycle outfit.

Toy Story - The whole Toy Story series is wonderful; I cried my eyes out at the last movie because not only was it funny, but heartwarming.

Jaws - I may have left the theater after sharkie chomped on the kid, but I ended up watching it years later and loving every minute of it!  I've seen it too many times to count now!

No comments:

Post a Comment