Sunday, September 4, 2011

Of Crowds, Clothes, and Catching Up

Today was a busy day!  It seemed son Jordan and I were at Clackamas Mall forever, along with the ton of other people that decided today would be an ideal day to be shopping!  Since we were on a mission to get Jordan's school clothes, he insisted I not look at anything for myself and focus on him until we were done.  Then I could venture out for my own personal shopping.  It was torture having to pass by Sephora without stopping in for a look see.  Of course one our first stops was Hot Topic!  Found a couple of t-shirts there before hitting Sears, where we found him several pairs of jeans (on the clearance rack, no less!)  I tried to get him to enter H&M but he wasn't having it.  We picked up a pair of shoes on sale from Vans then hit Zumiez where we found two more pair along with a backpack.  JC Penney provided a couple of hoodies then it was on to get his hair cut.  That kid's hair grows like wildfire and I was so happy he agreed to get it cut - short!  The stylist even clipped off his beard so now Jordan is looking like a man of style!

We then split up and I hit Torrid, where I picked up a couple of t-shirts from the 50% off clearance price rack along with a sweet clearance priced Hello Kitty watch.  Then I made my way to Sephora, the mecca of makeup!  While I was browsing, I saw a gal of about 11 swabbing her lips with the tester gloss.  Gross.  I never use the tester products because God knows how many people have been using the container for application as opposed to the handy Q-tips sitting next to them.  I almost told that girl "do you know how many germs are on that lip gloss wand?"  Nasty!

I ended up finding a Bare Escentuals kit that contained a vibrant pink blush, pink gloss, two eye shadows, and an application brush.  While in Sephora, Jordan called me and said he had made mistake by not wanting to go into H&M because there was super cool jacket he really wanted.  Once I wrapped up my Sephora purchase, I met Jordan at H&M to take a look.
The source of Jordan's happiness

The jacket was olive green khaki and military-inspired.  Jordan tried it on and absolutely fell in love with it.  So of course I had to pick that up as well.  That kid, whom I lovingly refer to as "Mr. Angry", was almost dancing a jig over that darn jacket!  He was actually grinning!! 

Thankfully that jacket was our last purchase.  We made our way to the car and drove home....my little tootsies needed a rest!

After taking a 45-minute break, I met an old friend at the lake to catch up.  That was a two-hour conversation but now I've finally made my way home and am looking forward to getting my jammies on to relax.  And you know what?  I get to sleep in tomorrow!!!  Life just doesn't get better than spending quality time with a beloved son, scoring some new makeup, friendly conversation, and a chance to sleep in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment