Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Congrats on an Unexpected Blessing!!

Happy Uncle and Aunt!!!
Congratulations to my Uncle Walt, who was a big lottery winner today!!   The following ran in the local newspaper.

More than two months after purchasing a Mega Millions ticket, a 60-year-old unemployed Carson resident found out the ticket had won him $250,000.

“I bought a bunch of tickets a few months ago and hadn’t thought of them since,” said winner Walter Lohrke. “I decided to buy another ticket today, but then I realized I hadn’t checked the other ones I had in the visor of my car. Thank goodness I checked, or I would be out $250,000!”

A news release from the lottery quoted Lohrke as saying he will use the money to make repairs on his house, and “to make Christmas merry this year.”

He claimed his winnings with his dog, Sissy. Sissy is in training to become a diabetic service dog.

Home Valley Store in Stevenson, where Lohrke purchased the ticket, will receive a $2,500 retail selling bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment