Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Shady Lady for Two Divas

The annual company party is on January 10, which means my co-workers and I have a shortage of time to pick out what finery we will be wearing.  Today Diva Andrea asked me if I wanted to accompany her after work to The Shady Lady, a consignment shop in Centralia.  Ugh....I wasn't sure if I was in the mood.  However, I shook off my attitude and I agreed to go with her to the store.  I was in for a very pleasant surprise!!

The store is kind of a blend between second hand clothing, second hand designer clothing, and antiques.  We immediately headed toward the party dress area before making our way to a shoe section in the back.  I picked up a couple pair of fabulous high heels for about $10 each pair.  We also hit The Man Cave section of the store, where everything was half off.  Diva Andrea insisted on trying a pair of waders on before we made our way upstairs.

Diva Andrea working the waders.....or perhaps they were working her!
Whoa - there was some really awesome clothing on the upstairs level.  I snagged a pair of bronze boots for $18 along with a pair of shiny silver Wild Diva pumps for $10.  Yes, I was on a roll!!  All of the clothing was reasonably priced; they also had many consignment purses for sale (Guess, etc.) for an average of $12 each.  Great selection with inexpensive prices - my kind of place.

My shoe haul!
Andrea picked up some leopard Guess pumps along with a cute night-on-the-town top.  We paid for our goods and spoke with one of the owners (on the right.)  Her hair looked exactly as it's shown in this picture - long, very teased and sprayed on top to the point it was a hair webbing; when we left the shop we both asked each other "what was with the hair?"  It must be a Shady Lady trade secret.

In the end, we didn't find any suitable dresses but we did score on finding a new place to shop.  Thank you Diva Andrea for dragging my sorry ass over there in the rain - it was worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment