Monday, December 5, 2011

Sisters Are a Girl's Best Ally!

My sisters all come pre-packaged with loads of advice and tips along with an abundance of love.  The following are a few tips they shared this morning regarding fashion.  There may be more so I might be updating this post later today. 

Diva Luna
  • A good rule for dressing is to wear ONE sexy piece per outfit. So with a mini-skirt your top, jacket, shoes etc should be covering and not too tight.
  • Wearing a short skirt with opaque tights and boots or booties and loose sweater or jacket is a great look for women of all ages. No panty hose or fishnets, please.
Diva Julie
  • Fashion.....if you wear pants, you should always wear multicolored socks (knee socks are the best) and the brighter the better!!
  • Tights work for me- I have one pair. I know, I should branch out. Nylons are too tight. Who wants to say "Hey, yeast infection, come and get me!!".
  • Shoes - good support for your foot so you don't have to wear pads to cushion the ball of your foot.
  • Accessorizing - Today I have on an old long seashell necklace hooked in front with an old black/jeweled elephant pin. The shells remind me of Mom's necklaces. Is it in style?  Probably not but I'm over 50, I don't care what people think.
  • Lipsticks-I have maybe 3 colors. Perfect for all occasions.
  • Chapstick- you must have a minimum of 5 at all times, multi flavored. Chocolate is in season.
  • Belts-if you can't find your belt, it's ok to use a knee high nylon to pull the loops together as long as your shirt covers it. 
  • Shirts - just try and not duplicate in one week. Use the kind that don't need to be ironed. 
  • Shoes-make sure the cow manure is all knocked off when you go to work. For a quick shine, use furniture polish.
Diva Erin
  • I recycle my sweaters after they have pilled up too heavily by cutting the arms off and using them as leg warmers. Sometimes when i wear tall boots i put them underneath and cuff them over the top.
  • My other tip- I always use the cap off of my starch to fill my iron. The plastic can be squeezed together so pouring is a snap.
  • And I find that a little bit of olive oil works great for removing eye makeup. Although i always get hungry when i do this.

Diva Eilene (Okay, gotta put a disclaimer with this one...proceed at your own risk.  This blog does not support or endorse suggested treatments as it is Diva Eilene's opinion only.)

  • Crisco is actually the best facial moisturizer bar none.. just a little dab will do ya.
  • Are you sick, too poor or busy to go to the doctor when you just need some antibiotics?  Go to your local feed store or fish store, and they sell antibiotics.  Yes you are supposed to put them in the fish tank, but they are human grade (we use them for dogs they even sell them at the vendors at dog shows)... Fish Moxi.. is Amoxicillin, one we use the most... and they are cheap.. 250 mg tablets, (you would take 2 per time 2 times a day for a human).
  • Got a really bad headache.. and just one type of pain killer won't work?? Take 800 miligrams of Ibruprofan.. and then 500 (2 tablets) of Tylenol (Dr. will tell you thats ok).. its a poor mans vicodane.. will really blast the headache away.. chase it with some No Doz (caffeine) and you have the same ingredients in Excedine Migrane.
  • As for needing a belt... I have always found that a lovely braided piece of baling twine has worked for me many times (Ok not recently but in my younger cowgirl days).

    No comments:

    Post a Comment