Monday, January 16, 2012

Conquering the Closet

I'm happy to say I have conquered my shoe pile!!  Previously, my life consisted of digging through three plastic tubs/baskets to locate a matching pair of shoes.  I would then have a huge pile of shoes spilling all over the floor which would then have to be loaded back into the tubs.  Which meant digging through the shoes again the next morning.  Ugh!  It was a never ending cycle of sweaty mess and disorganization!  Plus, my beloved shoes were not being treated with the respect they deserved!

Last night I picked up 11 lidded, plastic containers from Target (of course on clearance) and proceeded to sort and organize all of my shoes.  I kept one plastic tub in the back of the closet where I threw tennis shoes, flip flops, and my rarely used, non-favorite shoes.  The rest I organized into similiar boxes then labeled them, using terms such as "Red", "Brown", "Black Pumps", "Work Flats", and "Party Heels".  This should make my shoe selection each morning more efficient and less sweaty!


SHOES BEFORE

SHOES AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment