Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Curse You Cold Sore!!!

Last Sunday rolled around and I began to sense a slight tingling in my lip.  Drats....is that a cold sore I felt?  In order to be safe, I beat feet to Rite Aid to grab a container of Herpecin, Abreva, or Campho Phenique - anything to abolish the impending lip sore.

I ended up purchasing the Rite Aid brand of Abreva - cheaper, but the same.  I swaddled my lips with the Blistex-smelling ointment.  The tingling subsided; however, I wasn't going to be lulled into denial so I continued to apply the medicine throughout the day.

Monday arrived and there was no cold sore!  Yay!!  However, for preventative sakes, I continued to apply the camphor-scented lip rub.  (Did you know embalming fluid contains camphor?  Yeah...that's what my lips felt like - embalmed!)  It appeared the miracle drug had kept the fever blister at bay.

Or had it?  Today I totally forgot about the impending doom, the silent annihilator, the hulking herpe that threatened to destroy my mouth.  It wasn't until tonight when I fell asleep briefly in the recliner then woke up to a lip that had swollen to twice its size that I realized the cold sore had risen its ugly head!

I quickly ran to my purse, grabbed the miracle ointment, and smeared it on the ballooned blob that I previously referred to as my lips.  Ahhh....relief. 

Here's to keeping my fingers crossed that this fever blister, which in Latin is known as antikissingruinmysinglelifeherpecide, is gone before the weekend!!

It's not collagen, it's a cold sore!


No comments:

Post a Comment