Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Knock Me Over with a Feather!

The annual company party turned out to be more fabulous than I expected!  After spackling, curling, hairspraying, and in general primping to the max, we made our way to the red carpet to enter the ballroom, which looked magnificent.  Everyone was decked out in their party attire; it's fun to see co-workers who normally wear a uniform working their finery.  Because a Diva has no choice but to impart fabulosity onto their friends, both Adriana and Christine were wearing borrowed party frocks from my closet.   My friend Rachel, who was my plus one for the evening, joined up with us wearing her 5 inch heels.  No wonder we are friends!

After a yummy dinner, which included prime rib and seafood fettuccine, the party was opened with a take-off on The Hangover, starring my buds from work, including Bobby.  If there was a company Oscar, he should take one home for his portrayal of Zach Galifinakis from the movie.  It was hilarious! 

The awards portion of the show began after the video concluded.  Almost 20 awards were distributed to employees, including "Best Dressed", "Funniest", "Most Likely to Forget a Meeting", etc.  Diva Shiloh, who looked absolutely spectacular in her 40's themed attire, including authentic rolled hair, and I presented the "Respect" award.  We had good intentions of making an Aretha Franklin joke but it fell a little flat due to this Diva's inability to correctly work Shiloh's high tech cell phone.  At least our ineptitude made everyone laugh, which was our purpose anyway!

The last awards were for Employee of the Year and Manager of the Year.  Since I was selected for Manager of the Quarter for the first quarter of 2011, I was in the running to receive the annual award.  All four quarterly winners were called to the podium then the general manager announced the annual award winner was ........me!  Wow!  How exciting!  The general manager said some very kind words about my contributions during the past year then gave me a plaque along with a travel package worth $1,500.  I think the appreciation I felt was more overwhelming than the actual prize itself!  I was really feeling the love from everyone!

All in all, it was a wonderful, surprising, and unexpected evening!!!


Hangover takeoff with my bud Bobby on the right

Diva and Adriana
40's themed Shiloh

Andrea in Diva Preparation
Co-Worker Bringing It!
Diva ready to party

No comments:

Post a Comment